Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Days 339-365 (countdown to expo)

Yep, I've been MIA for awhile ... I thought I had my food demons beat last go 'round but boy was I wrong (wrong! wrong!). Those suckers reared their ugly little heads (which just so happen to look exactly like french fries and cheesecake, go figure!)the past few weeks and I gave in.

But, with less than two weeks until I have to work a week-long tradeshow in Vegas in a shirt I ordered a size too small (as motivation to get back in gear), I am now in panic mode! (what a doof!)

The office is in super-drive getting everything ready for Expo ... even calling in heaping plates of pasta and breadsticks for everyone to nosh on while they work ... not this chubbo, though. I hightailed it to the gym and snagged a plain baked potato and grilled chicken breast on the way back ... yummo. ;)

I hope daily workouts and mini meals will help me squeeze my way into my shirt. If not, the world will hear my sobs all the way from the Vegas strip. ;)

p.s. While I was on the eliptiKILL today (cusing the machine and myself), something caught my attention. It wasn't the hard-body workout Barbie I idolize or the beefcake boy with the rippling muscles (yes, they were there, but that's another story) ... it was a flash of metal. It was A WALKER! In a GYM! HUH? I angled for a better view and saw a white-haired woman in her late 60s doing working her way through a set of arms. It wasn't until she made her off the machine and to the water fountain that was I became in complete aww of her ... the walker was hers! Not a friend's (my first suspicion), but hers. She pushed her way out the door and I then pushed myself to burn an extra 50 calories. Thanks for the inspiration! ;)

1 comment:

Sawatzky family said...

Hey blogging buddy...
Where did ya disappear to? ;)
Praying things are well for you guys!
Shelly