Sunday, April 26, 2009

day 57: catch-up

OOPS. I've been a bad little blogger lately. I've taken on a chunk of freelance work lately, so, if i'm not at work, working, I'm at home, working, which leaves precious little time for anything else. And while I'm EXHAUSTED on the weekends, the influx of projects has certainly kept my mind off food, which is huge, and one of my top secrets for success (the rest are outlined in my lasted Fat Chants article on MomsOutLoud.com, click here for details).

As I have about 20 loads of laundry to do (already up to 4200 steps logged just doing chores! who-hoo!! ... huge since there are just 2 weeks left in the walking challenge at work), so I'll keep the rest of this short and sweet.

The first weigh in at work (1st of 12 in the biggest loser-style challenge): showed a 7 pound weigh loss! SWEET! But, I still tied for best efforts in week 1 with the big-mouthed, bald coworker who is my sole reason for busting butt on this ... he's goin' down! ;) We both lost 3% body fat the first week.

The second weigh in (which was this past Wednesday), wasn't so hot. I was bad, bad, bad the weekend going into week two, so i gained a pound (still down 6 overall, though). But, boo, the big-mouthed, bald coworker sailed ahead, losing a combined 5%.

Gotta' pick up the pace and gain some ground in week 3. There's a side bet on this between the big-mouthed, bald coworker and two others .... there's 200 bucks on the line, winner takes all! Mama needs some money! ;)

Gotta' get back to laundry ... and steps! Goal is 11 miles walked today.

No comments: