Thursday, April 9, 2009

day 40: bring it on


If you happended by my latest Fat Chants article over on MomsOutLoud.com, then you know that yesterday was a big'en.

April 8 kicked off the American Heart Association's National Start! Walkling Day, which means my company's 4-week walking challenge also got underway. Last year, my team Hot Soles, logged enough tread to be crowned the "golden shoe" victors and I have high hopes that this year's girl-powered team, 10 Feet of Fabulous (that's us up there in the pink) will continue the tradition. But, as one of my former team mates(2008 top individual walker winner) announced yesterday in our all-staff meeting, his team, the Dead Sexy Hiking Hooligans, is in it to win it.

The gauntlet has been thrown! Let the games --ahem -- walking begin!

Oh, but wait, there's more...(don't cha just love when people say that). Yesterday also started a 12-week "Biggest Loser" style weight loss challenge -- another title I fully intend to take home. Why? Because I feed on competition (instead of calories, well, now anyway)? Because I'm a perfection-seeking crazy lady who hates to be second best? Or, could it be for the simple joy of puttin' the kabosh on all the smack talk spewing from the little bald man in my department who won this challenge two years ago and who assumes it's in the bag this year? But. Of. Course. Oh, and I'd like to note, speaking of spew, the said bald man just so happens to be the same fellow who was the first to toss his cookies during boot camp last summer. ;) (Sorry G, you know i totally *heart* you, but you're going down.

And, on that note, I quote my friend, fellow boot-camp survivor and colleague, Hillary, "I'm not in it to win it, I'm in it to lose!"

Boys ... bring it on!

No comments: