Monday, May 19, 2008

Days 132-139 (Weigh Day #19 & catch up)


oops, too busy last week being an obsessive compulsive mommy regarding the details of Cooper's 1st birthday party to take a minute to blog about my fatness. so, now, listening to my son scream from the other room (we stayed home today ... fever, CRYING, clinginess, DROOL, SNOT, ugh), I thought I'd play catch up while "dada" trys to console the inconsolable tot.

Last week was a great one for my "hot mama" mission:

No. 1: Wednesday was not only weigh day 19 (the scales showed a 2-pound weight loss, I'm now at 197), but also the last day of the 4-week walking challenge. Logging more than 1,180 miles, about 180+ of those were mine, my team Hot Soles was crowned the victor. Yee ha!!!!


No. 2: Thursday was the last official workout for the first session of boot camp (we have a la cart classes the next 2 weeks and the second session starts in June).


To commemorate the occasion, DS took our measurements to see how far we'd come. I was beet red as DS slid the measuring tape around my wobbly bits, made worse by the fact that I asked Hillary (fellow boot camp survivor and marketing co-hort) to document my humiliation with pics.


It was a painful 5ish minutes and, having barely survived the 8 workouts, I wasn't expecting much in the way of shrinking inches. But, I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised!

Here's how I--ahem--stack up:

April 17
neck 13.25"
chest 39.25"
bicep 13.5"
forearm 10.75"
abs 37.5"
hips 45.5"
thigh 23.5"
calf 16.75"

May 15
neck 13" (down .25")
chest 40" (up .75" ... this freaked me out, but DS attributes the "growth" to the insane amount of push-ups
bicep 13.75" (up .25")
forearm 10.5" (down .25")
abs 37" (down .5")
hips 43.25" (down 2.25" hell yeah!)
thigh 23.25" (down .25")
calf 15" (down 1.75" ... woulda' prefered this loss around my big ol' gut, but I'll take it!)

Overall, I lost 5.25" and gained 1", so I averaged a loss of 4.25" in 4 weeks. Pretty damn proud! On to torture round No. 2.

No comments: