Sunday, May 11, 2008

Days 128-131 (mommy's weekend)


it's my first mommy's day!!! For details, click here.

I wrote a rather lengthy post on my mommy blog, but here, on fat chants, I wanted to share pics of my weekend with Coop. It is because of this little man that I am pushing myself harder than I ever have. That I am working out, eating better; that I am striving to be the thinner, healthier, happier mommy that he deserves. I want, I will be that "hot mama" for Coop. One that can keep up with him on the playground. One that doesn't sit on the sidelines (or the couch), but fully lives each moment with him.

And this weekend was no exception. Friday night we walked around the mall so that I could reach (OK, surpass) my goal of 7ish miles a day. Saturday we powered through 4 miles at the park, played in the creek, hit the slide and swings then splashed through the afternoon poolside. Today we went and bought pants. That fit. YAY! A pair of black slacks in an unforgiving fabric - linen - in a size 16 (that's 2 sizes smaller than when I started this mission).

I feel good. No, I feel great. This afternoon, with Cooper asleep in my arms, and Chris at my side, we cuddled as a family, watching P.S. I Love You. And it was one of those simple moments where you realize that, at some point, you've stopped breathing. It was absolutely perfect.

happy, happy mother's day.




1 comment:

mimipam said...

what sweet pictures...sounds like you had the "most fabulous mommies day dahling"!!! You look great, and sound even GREATER...Rock on sweet girl. Cooper is growing up soooo fast, it makes me sad yet excited for what he will do in his life...great things are yet to come. lovemimi