Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day 148 (Weigh Day #20 & sweat city)


Yesterday’s boot camp proved to be my triumphant return to my mommy mission. It was a bazillion degrees outside (OK, it was 92, whatev), there was absolutely NO wind (no breeze, no titillating rustle of the sun-drenched leaves) and the air hung thick, unmoving, unbending, like a fun little straight jacket slapped on for someone else’s amusement (certainly not my own).

But …

it was freakin' awesome!

I have never, not even on day one of boot camp when my body was staging a full-out revolt against me, sweat sooooo much! It started with little beads of sweat, which gave way to trickles of sweat, which progressed into full on streams of sweat cascading down into places where streams of sweat should never cascade. By the end, I was a lake. A lake of salty sweat (um, eww).

But … again …

it was freakin' awesome!

I was beyond exhausted, I saw more than my fair share of “birdies” and “stars” and lights fading to black. But I never passed out. I never puked. I just plowed through it when I could and rested when I couldn’t.

Weigh Day No. 20 was yesterday. I was still at 197 (thanks to my blizzard binge last week), and, after yesterday’s fried-chicken feast, I didn’t think I’d see a change today.

But …

it was freakin' awesome!

I lost 2 pounds thanks to the sweat session that was boot camp!!!

I’m a little sore today, a little tired, but I am so ready to go again. To push harder than I pushed yesterday.

YAY! I’m lovin’ me some nasty ol’ sweat. =)

P.s. For those of you working it out al fresco, check out this great feature on weather.com that shows the exercise comfort level and air quality in your area.

2 comments:

mimipam said...

EEEEEEEWWWWWW--I really don't think I cared to know that you could talk about sweat that long! Kudos on the feeling great though. Rock on sista....lovemimi

courtney said...

you have the whitest teeth i have ever seen!