Saturday, August 23, 2008

227-234 (have a heart)

Well, it’s been another unsuccessful week in the dieting, um my mistake, “healthy lifestyle” world. I skipped boot camp on Tuesday because I was so behind on my freelance work that I needed every spare second to get caught up. On Thursday, I had to leave after 35 minutes. My heart was having MAJOR flare-ups and I just couldn’t get them under control. The episodes lasted until I went to bed … it hasn’t been that bad since I was preggars with Coop. Sigh.

The hubs and I have agreed that I need to talk to my cardiologist about the possibility of having surgery in January (when the flexible spending account is full again) to fix my wonky ticker. I think it’s a fairly minor, non-invasive surgery, but hello, it’s MY HEART! The doc did tell me that it’s a must-do before I get another bun tossed in my oven. Boo.

Anywhoo, I’m not sure what to do about boot camp. I don’t want to quit, I love the camaraderie with the other chicas and well, I’ve come to depend on DS’ “tough love,” but grr … I’m not doing myself any good if I can’t do the workout.

I need to find an activity I can do that will melt the fat off without inducing a heart episode. I don’t know what the sudden onset is all about. I’ve been doing boot camp for months with no issue, but holy Hannah, this past month has been kicking my arse. I’m sure it has absolutely nothing to do with my on-again, off-again “health” kick and my completely erratic eating habits (chocolate chip cheesecake, anyone??).

Thinking of checking out the gyms in my area to see what classes they offer (I’ve become a total class-setting junkie … thanks for the head’s up Megan!). But, first, I guess I’ll call my cardio guy and see what he has to say. Don’t want to drop dead or anything … especially while sweating like a pig … who’d give mouth-to-mouth to a gal who smells like a three-day-old jock strap? Even I wouldn’t haunt the paramedics for letting me walk toward the light.

No comments: