Friday, August 15, 2008

Days 219-226 (and it keeps going ...)

Two hundred and twenty-six freakin’ days I’ve been working (or lamenting that I’m not working) on my hot mama mission.

You’d think after the better part of a year, something (anything) would’ve gotten easier. Sigh.

Well, I guess the bitching has gotten easier.

At this point I’m just going through the motions. My NOtivation continues.

I went to boot camp yesterday and sucked major wind. I have a little heart condition that’s been rearing its ugly head during class lately, which makes me think it may be time to try a different workout routine (pilates, perhaps?).

I’m completely at odds with myself and I don’t know what to do. I’m still up 5 pounds since vacation (holding at 198 … grr), but that’s not my body revolting, that’s just me giving into weakness.

I deserve to wear the multi-pound albatross (complete with a bag of Fritos in the talons) around my neck—um, gut.

DS said I sucked yesterday. He was right (but I'd never tell him that). I felt that I was doing the best I could at the time (taking my misfiring blood pumper into account). I'm a little sore today, which is always good, but I'm just out of it. Off kilter. And I honestly have no clue how to get back.

Suggestions?

2 comments:

mimipam said...

DO NOT GIVE UP!!! You have come way too far and look and feel so much better, do not get down now...just change things up. You know how easily you get bored, you just need to try a different approach for a while--hey, this a lifestyle, not a life sprint!! I am sooooo proud of you. Go for the GOLD--hmmm, ya think I have watched too much Olympic coverage??? Compare yourself to even the worst athlete there and ask yourself what you have given up compared to them to achieve your dream of being thin and fit and fabulous???? Don't you hate it when I am all sensible and right???? ha ha ha lovemimi

Meg said...

You could always try the gym route for a while. I joined LA Fitness over the summer, and I'm SO happy with it. They have $30-a-month, no contract plans as well as kid care. The one I go to, in Frisco, is rarely packed, and they offer AWESOME classes. I've fallen in love with cardio kickboxing, and I'm going to try a hip hop class this Thursday. You can try it out with a 3-day guest pass if you're interested. Hope this helps!

Megan