Tuesday, March 10, 2009

day 13: part two

On January 3, 2008, I posted the following:

“I have devised a plan that will ensure my ultimate success. I will skip the popping of powerful appetite suppressants, or adopting anorexic tendencies and will, instead, completely, totally, utterly humiliate myself on the world wide web … I can’t be accountable only to myself or to my hubby … I’m stuck with me and hell, let’s face it, he is too. I need to be accountable to the world.”

Well, flash forward 431 days and I would now like to recant the whole appetite suppressant statement (I *heart* my pills), but other than that, it’s business as usual.

Oh, but there is this one thing that I’ve learned about my original hot mama mission. In order for the whole accountability by blog to work, you have to, umm, blog!

So, I’m upping the ante and I’m going global.

OK, maybe not global, but the blog is about to get bigger. At the end of this month some of my rantings will be carried on Moms Out Loud — a fantastic online community for D-FW mamas by D-FW mamas that features everything and anything local ladies need/want.

So. Stinkin’. Excited.

So. Stinkin’. Scared.

Failing “in front” of the three people who read this little blog is one thing (thanks mom!), failing in front of who knows how many, well … that’s a whole other tub of chunky monkey ice cream. But, that’s what I wanted, right? “I need to be accountable to the world.”

I’m hoping this new adventure will keep me moving forward because going back is no longer an option.

Fingers are crossed. Hopes are high. Calories are right were they should be. ;)

Oh, and big news: Since “Thin Wednesday” I've lost 11 pounds (that's 11 lumps in 13 days)! Who-hoo!!!

1 comment:

mimipam said...

Yeah, I am proud of your restart--just be happy and RELAXED--look that up in the dictionary if you can't recall the actual meaning--ha ha. You can do whatever you want--just don't stay focused on it every single minute of every single day--that my love is your down fall. Spoken from the lady who could lose 70 lbs and still be chubby!!! hey it is all about incentive, and I have NONE. teehee loveyoumimi