Friday, March 27, 2009

day 27: mama says ...

After yesterday’s debut of Fat Chants over on MomsOutLoud, I started hearing from lots of mama friends who too, were struggling.

YAY!

Not yay in the fact that there are other moms out there whose parts have expanded beyond the confines of their closet-worth of clothing (believe me, the ladies quoted below have ALWAYS looked amazing … like make-ya-wanna’-puke amazing). But rather yay in the way they each shared their own story. I truly, truly believe that stepping up and speaking out — if only to your lifelong friends — is a powerful (necessary) action in overcoming whatever it is that’s holding you back (for me, it’s my complete and utter co-dependence with any food not grown in the ground!).

As they say, misery loves company … well, so do mommies looking for a way to be the absolute best they can be for their families...

here's to company, to compassion, to commiserating, to admitting our weaknesses and embracing our strengths ... go, mamas, go:

“I too struggle with the day-to-day gorging of sweets and salties! It's sooo freakin’ hard. To think I was once an athletic, toned, hot girl at 125 lbs. I hate who I see in the mirror and go back and forth with weight loss. I'll lose 17 pounds and gain them all back faster than you can say burrito supreme. I have a promise to myself to lose 30 pounds before I turn 30 (which is June 7th). It's not just about me anymore! My family needs an energetic and healthy woman to man the helm of this chaotic boat. Hang in there!! We can do this together! Love ya!”

“I read your Fat Chants blog … really cool. I have gained 15 lbs since last summer with the tubing leg injury, then in November my back went out. So I have eaten and eaten and not worked out! I need motivation to get off my butt and workout. Trying the acai berry thing, don't think it's doing much.You have inspired me and I will keep up with your weight loss!! Sucks when you don't have any clothes that fit!”

“This is so great, good luck. You know, I need some motivation myself. For some reason, when I have the choice between playing with the baby and working out, the baby always wins. Being a mommy has turned me into one big lazy ass. I'll stay tuned for your future write-ups. Maybe you'll help motivate me, too! :)”

1 comment:

mimipam said...

WOW, way to go lil blogger with no boundaries--you have stirred up a hornet's nest of dieting activity!!!! ha ha lovemimi