Tuesday, March 24, 2009

day 24: before & after(s)

Typically when someone shows you their before and afters, it's the latter pic that's most impressive. But, ya' know I like to work in reverse. ;)

Digging through some old pics last night, I found one I was particularly fond of ...

This is my BEFORE, taken last July on the banks of the Guadalupe River.

And now, for your viewing pleasure ... my AFTER(S)


Same pants, plus 8 months of age and 15 pounds of ooey, gooey "goodness" seeping out the front. Dead. Sexy. (props to my sidekick for covering up some of the pudge.) ;)

And because two pics aren't humiliation enough ...

Yep, that's a nice 6 inches of gut hanging out of my absolutely, no-way-in-hell-is-that-gonna'-zip zipper. Who-hoo (one can only imagine how much that woulda' been a month ago before i dropped a quick 20! Those sad little pants probably woulda' just laughed in my face as they saran-wrapped my thighs and refused to budge).

I detailed this fun little experiment in my first Fat Chants column debuting Thursday over at Moms Out Loud. Check it out here when you have a chance.

Until then, here's a summary: the pants go moo, the seams go sigh and I set a goal to zip that friggin' zipper by the end of May.

1 comment:

mimipam said...

okay--you have totally lost ALL sense of fat humiliation--the only way UP (or down in size) is just to keep on going!!! You totally crack me up--all I can do is shake my head and giggle. lovemimi