Monday, September 15, 2008

Days 254-257 (walkin')


On Saturday I completed my second (ever) charity walk and, though Hurricane Ike threatened to send the Dallas area a nasty little tropical storm, the weather held out (just some wind and minor rain to contend with).

The 5K was the most my body has moved in, um, a month and if felt gooooood to get back out there (plus, being able to plod down the center of downtown Dallas without the fear of a hit and run was awesome!).

I didn’t make it to the gym to sign-up for a membership as I had hoped … Coop was running fever and coughing up a lung, so the fam stayed pretty close to home (I know, I know, excuses, excuses). But, I am happy to report that I printed a 7-day-check-it-out-to-see-if-you-like-it gym pass and am planning on joining some coworkers for a lunch-hour sweat session! Who-hoo! And, since I haven’t worked out in forever, I’ll probably be sweatin’ after just five minutes. Score!

I have two weeks (from today) until I have to go back to the cardiologist and I would love to shed the pounds I just plopped on by then. Little milestones …

No comments: