Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Days 260-266 (yes!)

Well, it only took me a week of saying I’d do it (and two months lamenting that I wasn’t doing it), but I am officially back on track. Who-hoo! It’s my third day in the gym and man is my body telling me my break was waaaay too long! YOWZER!

Monday I took my first yoga class and I felt like a total dumb ass. Clumsy and sweaty and falling all over myself, when everyone else was doing the “airplane” I was more like a jumbo jet headed for a crash landing. But, I pushed through the 60 minutes of downward dog and cobra and other crazy HA-inspired movements, finally ending with a “Namaste” and an exhausted muscular system.

Yesterday was weights and today was cardio and though my thighs are SCREAMING at me, I feel really, really good. YAY!

Oh, and I can please tell you how in love I am with the Lean Pocket! (Kudos to Gage for turning me onto them.) I believe the genius behind the Lean Pocket is 1.) the removal of some of the crap that goes straight to the thighs and 2.) the fact that, out of the microwave, the Lean Pocket is like a billion degrees … rendering even the hungriest of hippos completely unable to inhale without searing every inch of the mouth … now that’s portion control in a handy, dandy pocket. SWEET!

p.s. This is my 100th post about my hot mama mission! So glad I had something positive to report! NA-MAMA-STE! ;)

2 comments:

Meg said...

Good work! I bet it feels good to be back on the wagon.

What gym did you end up joining? If you're at LA Fitness, we should totally meet up for some classes. We can laugh at ourselves together!

Beth said...

So glad to hear you are back on track!!