Thursday, June 5, 2008

Days 154-155 ( Weigh Day #22 & swoosh)


Yesterday's weigh-in was dismal. As in fingertips touching the 200s dismal. I weighed in at 199 (holy shit balls!), 4 pounds more than last Thursday.

I knew it was gonna' be bad. I shouldn't have been surprised. Hell, maybe I wasn't. Who knows. Today I tried again and was back down to 197, so kuddos to me on that small (repeat) victory. (The yo-yo and I are becoming very close friends).

Today is a new day and I've decided that it’s time for a mantra trifecta. I started with “I will release the thin within!” Then I added, “Food is fuel, not entertainment.” And now, brand a swoosh on my butt, it’s time to go full-force Nike … as in “Just Do It!”

I’ve grown tired of this whole diet/workout business and I’ve (finally) realized (or realized AGAIN) that I’ve got to get out of my head and just do it.

Stop thinking about it. Worrying about it. Stressing about it. Just freakin’ do it. On autopilot. No emotions.

Tuesday’s boot camp went well. Someone finally tossed their cookies!! (sweet! DS must be so proud). And I’ve got T-minus 75 minutes until the next session starts. I’m going to do my best to do my best and see how well that goes.

Running. Jumping. Groaning in agony. I’m just going to do it and hope I can push past this mental plateau I’ve slung my lazy carcass across.

Swoosh.

No comments: