Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Days 173-174 (burn baby, burn)

OK, so I was checking to see how hot it's gonna’ be at boot camp today and stumbled across this fun little feature, a calorie burn calculator, at weather.com and had to share.

I classified boot camp as circuit training for 60 minutes and input my weight and the handy dandy calculator said I would probably burn 730.77 calories! Holy Hannah! That's burnin' off a Big Mac and fries baby ... too bad I didn't eat a big mac and fries. Sigh.

Ooh, also, I subscribe to Hungry Girl (luuuve it) and one of last week's e-newsletters included a link to a basal metabolic rate calculator. This awesome feature tells you the number of calories you'd burn if you stayed in bed all day, which helps you determine how many you need to add in order to stay where you're at/lose a few, etc.

So what's my magic number? 1660.9!!! I would burn more calories than I "strive" (the term is used loosely!!) to consume normally, without factoring in workouts, simply by keeping my big o' butt in bed. Things that make you go hmmm.

1 comment:

Sawatzky family said...

Holy Mackrel! Its been to long since I checked this site! LOL
Way to rock it out girl! My progress is so much slower...due in part to me myself and I and our lack of motivation lately and also due to having nothing even remotley helpful closer than 1 hour away! Need your prayers and if you could bottle some of your great spark that would be great too! :)
Shelly