Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Days 175-182 (Weigh Days #26 and #27)


Hello world, I’m a slacker—both in my blogging and in my hot mama mission. It’s been 8 days since my last fatwacker confession and equally as long since I worked diligently toward my goal of shedding some tonnage. Oops.

But, like any good fat girl, I do have great justifications for my slip-up(s). My mom was in town over the weekend (we had tickets to see Hairspray – love it! YAY for the chubby gal who gets the guy!) and I didn’t want to think about calories/fat grams/working out … I just wanted to enjoy my time with her. So. I. Did. And I ate my way through just about every minute she was here. It was heaven spread on a cracker!

Then, my lil’ sis made me an auntie on Monday and who am I to stand in the way of a fresh-baby celebration that includes big breakfasts, big dinners and lots of snacking in between? Not me. I’m not going to be the pooper at that party.

Anywhoo, needless to say, my last two weigh days have been in the plus category, as in plus in pounds, not in success. Last Wednesday (Weigh Day #26) I logged in at 195 and this AM (Weigh Day #27) I added yet another pound, 196.

I boot camped yesterday (major suckage) and did well on the eating, my total caloric intake was 950, but I have happy hour tonight and then I dive straight into a long 4th-of-July weekend at the lake, so I’m not really holding out much hope that my willpower will be strong enough to withstand the temptations (the food and drink kind, not the band).

I think my goal will be to simply maintain for the next weigh day, if I can keep from tacking on another pound over the next few days, I’ll consider that a small (very small) victory.

(Sidenote: Montana, you are sooo cute, I just want to eat you up! But, rest easy little one, I said ... and still say that about Coop ... and he's still alive, flinging cheerios in every direction. There are just too many calories in babies, lol. Love you Monti G!!! Welcome to the world baby girl.)

1 comment:

courtney said...

First, congratulations on becoming an aunt!! She's so cute!

Second, don't eat the baby...that's got to be a lot of calories.

Third, I have a blog post topic request (I'm so demanding, huh?). Sometime, I want you to blog about what you eat...your diet, etc. Also, are you still taking Alli?