Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day 210 (hearting DS)

Just when I was getting used to thinking of DS as the biggest pain in my large ass, he goes and sends me an incredibly kind e-mail that has me thinking I should downgrade him to simply “a pain.”

Crrrrrrap!

After missing three boot camp sessions last week due to vacay, I knew yesterday’s workout was going to be a rough one. And the session did not disappoint. But it was more my body rejecting the strenuous exercise more than the strenuous exercise rejecting me. I have a lil’ heart condition that flairs up on occasion and yesterday during BC I kept getting slammed by episodes … one right after the other.

I had to walk away several times to let my raging heart cool down. I think the waterworks that DS accidentally saw made him realize that I wasn’t just being a puss.

Anywhoo, I sucked it up as best I could and then I got the e-mail. I won’t share the message … DS would run me run until the fat literally flew off my love handles if I outt’ed his softer side (it would totally kill that whole tough-guy image he has working for him), but I just to share that it made my day.

I know he’ll still give me total crap tomorrow, I wouldn’t expect anything less, but at least now I know that his “encouragement” comes from a place of motivation, not intimidation.

Aww, DS is all about the tough love.

And that makes me heart him. Damn it.

No comments: