Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 189 (Weigh Day #28 & the “L” word)


Shut up! Shuuuut up! (said with the “holy mother! you’ve got to be freakin’ kiddin’ me” exclamation.)

Diana Ross’s I’m Coming Out is playing in the background …
There's a new me coming out
And I just had to live
And I wanna give
I'm completely positive
I think this time around
I am gonna do it
Like you never knew it
Ooh, I'll make it through


And I’m coming out of the closet, which is actually incredibly hard to do when you had know clue you were actually IN the closet.

That’s right folks, I’m … drum roll please …

the “L” word.

I’m a LARGE!

HUH? WHAT the F?

The Double X Diva can now squeeze into a piece of clothing tagged with a one-digit “L”????

Are you shocked? I must be high.

Yesterday at boot camp, DS (finally) had Elite Fitness shirts ready for us to snatch up with our sweaty paws and I was mortified (MOR-TI-FIED!) when he handed me a large.

“Um, no. I can’t wear a large, rude. I need an XL.”

“No, you don’t. And, I don’t have any anyway.”

WHAT?!? Who doesn’t order XL shirts?

Apparently that whole “always stock XLs” rule doesn’t apply to boot camp tees.

I grabbed my tiny tee and hightailed it to my car, completely bummed because I knew the damn tank top (a Large AND sleeveless? This man is nuts!) would NEVER fit.

But. It. Did.

DS’ supplier must do vanity sizing because I can’t imagine being at all ready to shop in the “L” section of a store. I know my big ol’ body isn’t there. Yet.

But this is a good start. In one tiny corner of the “fashion” world, I’m the “L” word. And that rocks!



p.s. Weigh Day #28 did not disappoint! Last week I set a goal to simply maintain my 2-pound weight gain over the 4th of July weekend. But miraculously, I lost a pound. Who-hoo! New goal? To hit a goal I set weeks ago … to slide in at 191 by the time we roll out for summer vacation on July 21.

2 comments:

mimipam said...

hey, don't look now, but you have clavicles (collar bones) now!!!!! WOOHOO. that is what you have been waiting for!!Congrats--and I guesss DS knows what he is doing--or he is just EVIL!! ha ha Way to go girl!!! lovemimi

Beth said...

I know you dont know me... but after the article in the DMN, my friend and I have come up on your site... we really enjoy reading it. We linked you! Check out our blog too if ya want! You seem like you are doing great!!