Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 196 (Weigh Day #29 & $5 boot camp)


Well, guess what? I’m still a lard ass! Who, knew?

I worked extra-hard this past week in the hope of meeting (or at least inching closer to) the weight-loss goal I set last week of 191. Yes, in my post I said I hoped to achieve this by July 21, but um, yeah, NO! Not gonna’ happen. I stepped on the scale this AM and it laughed at me.

I lost a pound. One. Stinkin’. Pound. (yes, that brings my grand total to 34, which is awesome and I've lost nearly 10 inches overall, which DS always stresses is more important than the scale. But, um, he's a guy, he doesn't get a woman's obsession with "the" number. boo.)

Anywhoo, what did that dang hubby of mine lose? 5!!! Five. Woo-hoo, look-at-me, I-rock. Pounds.

Shit head.

Sigh.

On another note, despite the fact that I sucked major monkeys at boot camp last night (which prompted DS to say, “Why are you stopping? You can catch your breath when you’re dead.”), I’m still all gung-ho about getting people to join me in the torture. In fact, one anonymous blog reader posted the following Q earlier today:

“Are there still any openings? If so, how long will the introductory costs apply? This sounds like just what I need! Thank you for sharing.”

Well, fellow sweat seeker, I talked with DS and he said he’s extending the $5 boot camp offer to those who couldn’t make it to last Saturday’s class. Sweet! (Or is it sweat?) Anywhoo, for anyone who’s still interested in checking things out on the cheap, we’ll be there gasping for breath this weekend, same place, same time (click here for details, or call DS directly at 682.556.9487).

No comments: