Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 188 (sweet meat!)


Um, OK, I don’t know if it’s the horizontal stripes expanding the width of my middle by about 100 pounds today or the fact that I chased a 1-year-old around the lake for three days, subsisting mainly on Diet Coke and Twizzlers … but I just snagged one of my Top 10 Greatest Compliments of All Time:

“You’re looking especially skinny today,” coworker PB said. “Did you do something special over the weekend?”

HA! Me? Skinny? The two words used in the same sentence and not in a sad little way that makes me want to inhale a pint of Ben & Jerry’s while commiserating with poor Bridget as she writes in her diary and chain smokes like a fiend??!!?? (Ex. Your friend is so skinny. Why aren’t you skinny? You really shouldn’t try to wear skinny jeans.)

This unexpected compliment, dished out from a highly unexpected source (see first comment ever to fall from said coworker’s lips) makes me exclaim, “sweet meat!” No, there’s no real relevance here, but Holy Hannah it’s just fun to say and it makes me smile … like a school girl downing Diet Coke and chewing on a Twizzler on an especially “skinny” day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious - and inspiring. I've been battling my weight for about 3 years now and was tempted by Alli - I'm so glad I didn't go over to the dark side after your "ass explosion" explanations...lmao...yeah, or something like that!

Keep up the great work - it's ALL worth it. I'm down from 202 on my birthday in March to 160 today - and I'm a 47 year old fluffy butt in Kentucky where my mother believes I must eat when I see her no matter what time of day or what the circumstances - wish me luck, we're going to settle down to watch the new episode of Burn Notice tomorrow night and I know she'll have made a cake or something!

LSD