Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day 78 (Weigh Day #11)

I was a big-time cheat this past week (as in, working out, umm, what? Eating whatever? Um, yep!) and so I say, with whole-hearted gratitude and complete and utter devotion, "Thank you stomach bug for the 1-lb. weight loss, thank you."

Now, exactly 3 months into my "hot mama" mission, I have lost 18 lbs and have just 11to go to be where my body has never been before ... in the 100s in my 20s. Whoa, look out!

Looking in the mirror this evening as I changed into my jammies (oversized pj pants and one of the hubby's tees, I know, total sex kitten!) I came to the conclusion that when my gut becomes as flat as my ass, I am gonna' be one happy mama!!!!

If i could just somehow swing the paunch from the front to the back, my frame would be looking pretty sweet (well, at least my today's viewing standards).

Anywhoo, side note: Ladies, I need your input.

Let's say you were on a diet and you were pretty open with your coworkers about it, would you be offended if someone called you out on what he/she considered cheating?

Picture it: You're sitting at your desk eating lunch (a KFC tender roast sandwich w/o the sauce and a cup of baked beans: total cals: 520, total fat grams: 6) when a male coworker walks by, picks up the brown paper bag from your desk and says, "Um, KFC, huh? I don't think this is on your diet."

What would you say? How would you react? Do you laugh it off, allowing for the fact that the working relationship is one of total "ball busting" fun? Do you tell him to bite you? Is it OK if you're embarrassed?

Would love to hear some thoughts on this.

2 comments:

courtney said...

Work people....it's times like those when I really want to have a giant foam middle finger in my cubicle and ready for use!

Jane said...

Congrats on the weight loss!

As far as the co-worker goes, are you close with him? Is that kind of ribbing normal for you guys? If not, that's a bit personal. Way to bring someone down! He has no idea if that would make you eat more or cry or what. I'd say, overall, he was out of line. Unless you two are close work buddies that do that kind of thing often.