Monday, March 31, 2008

Days 88-90 (milestone!)

I was counting the days since my last post and realized, “Holy Hannah! Today is Day 90” of my mission to release the thin within and finally become a hot(ish) mama!

My how time flies (but certainly not the scenery) when you’re on a dreadmill!

I have now logged 90 days, 2,160 hours, 129,600 minutes and 7,776,000 seconds being either really good or really bad in the hope of overhauling my fluffy frame. But whether I was flying high or crawling low, the point that makes me throw my arms up and proudly wave those chicken wings (that keep on waving long after my arms have stopped) is the fact that I haven’t given up. Never thought of giving up.

And that, in my terribly long book of failed attempts, is certainly something worth celebrating. So, in honor of this milestone, I have decided I am going to kick some serious dieting ass!

90 days ago, my stats were:
Dress size: 20
Weight: 228

Today my stats are (as of Weigh Day last Wednesday):
Dress size: 18
Weight: 210

90 days from now, on June 28, 2008, I pledge that my stats will be:
Dress size: um, not sure, depends on where the weight falls from
Weight: 186 (I think I was 6 months old the last time I weighed somewhere in this ballpark!!!)

This is an easily achievable goal (if I stay away from places like the Braum’s drive-thru – eek gats!) of 2 pounds a week, 8 pounds a month.

I can do this. And when I cheat (which I will, I’m a cheater, that’s who I am, that’s what I do), I’ll just dust off those cookie crumbs, wipe the icing from my second chin and haul my big ol' butt back to the gym.

2 comments:

courtney said...

Way to go, girl!! You've lost more than 1 lb/week! That's great!

Anonymous said...

Good job hot mama! I am proud of you. I love the picture of you and Coop from Easter. You look beautiful in that one. Keep up the great work.