Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Day 91 (dat girl gone plum crazy)

In the span of about 30 minutes I went from a ho-hum workouter (that’s a word, right?) to a balls-to-the-wall (wannabe) fitness junkie.

The wellness committee at work is starting a 4-week walking challenge in conjunction with the American Heart Association’s National Start! Walking Day on April 16. And, since I’m walking at night anyway AND still a relative newbie to the company, I thought this would be a great opportunity to keep motivated and get involved.

We had an orientation earlier this AM and by the end of the 30-minute pow wow, I was psyched and ready to slap on my pedometer and take to the pavement.

But here’s where things for this formerly not-moving-from-the-couch potato really get going:

I’m signing up to participate in the March of Dimes March for Babies 5K walk on April 19 (huh!!???).

I’m trying to recruit a friend to join me for the Katy Trail 5K on May 15 (what tha??).

ANNND, as if that weren’t enough to blow up anyone’s wind pants, I’m also signing up for a month-long boot camp (two workouts a week) being held after hours at my office (holy freakin’ mother!!!).

I think delirium has officially set in.

No comments: