Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Days 111-112 (bring it on)

Today is the day I have been equally dreading and anticipating for weeks. Today is the day I may die … or feel better than I ever have.

Today is the start of boot camp.

Our trainer (there are about 18 ladies from work participating in this 4-week sweat-a-thon), let’s call him Drill Sergeant (DS), stopped by the office last week to pick up our enlistment papers and take our measurements. ACK!

I’m not a fan of having a muscley man who plans to kick my ass for the next month trying to wrap a measuring tape around my wobbly bits. In fact, I down right hate it. So, what do I do to “ease the tension”?

I mouth off.

“Sooooo,” I say. “If my numbers don’t change, I get my money back, right?”

“Oh, they’ll change all right,” DS retorts.

“OK, but what if the numbers get bigger. Are you going to pay me???”

With a dead stare and expressionless face he says, “I’ll see you Tuesday.”

CRAP. He’s gonna’ kill me.

Added concern? The high is going to be 87 degrees today with 67 percent humidity! Oh, holy mother … if the DS doesn’t get me, the heat surely will!

1 comment:

courtney said...

I'm a little late in responding to your previous post, but CONGRATULATIONS on the 60 lb weight loss! That's amazing!

I can't wait to hear how boot camp goes.... :)