Friday, April 11, 2008

Day 101 (that's hot!)


The 4-week walking challenge at work kicks off on Wednesday and I’m (a total dork) super excited. There are 7 members on my team (plus one honorary “bun-in-the-oven” member) and our name is Hot Soles with “That’s Hot!” (a la Paris Hilton) as our slogan. We “renamed” everyone with a “hot” moniker: the heat-radiating pregnant gal is Hot Plate, the puppy-obsessed chica is Hot Dawg, and I, staying true to my weight-loss mission, am Hot Mama.

We all had matching shirts made and win or lose, I think our team spirit is gonna’ blow the sweat stains right off everyone else.

Can’t wait! Competition (next to total and utter embarrassment) is, I have decided, the ultimate weight-loss motivator!!!!

Let the games begin!

p.s. I am happy to report that in the past 9 days I have lost 6 big ones! Who-hoo, that's 2 more since weigh day on Wednesday. Yowza!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so pumped and proud of you!! You are beginning to have a life again besides wife, mommie, and worker. Just like ole high school days...ha, you were such a "joiner"--but it made you so much happier. So rock on HOT SOLES--show em what you GOT!! teehee lovemimi

Sawatzky family said...

WOW! What your doing sounds amazing and fun! Love the name and the slogan! ;)
Way to go on the pounds dropage too! My pace is slow and steady.... Perhaps I need to find a marathon to run for!
Keep up the great work VERY INSPIRING for all us other Hot Mamas out there!
Shelly