Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Days 93-98 (winds of change)


Oops. Didn’t realize a week had passed since my last post, such a slacker—in writing and in dieting. But the winds of change are blowing, blowing my hair back, my sweat pants up … it’s a great feeling.

So, here’s the update. I wasn’t really feeling motivated about my mission the past few days (I knew my walking challenge was about to start and I gave myself permission to be a slug until then). But then, Saturday, probably one of the WORST days to regain control, I decided I’d had enough. I slathered Coop in sunscreen, dragged the husband kicking and screaming (and pouting and whining and bitching) to the nature preserve and we, as a family, hit the walking trails.

It was a sunny 70(ish) late afternoon and it was amazing. I didn’t realize how much my workout mentality had been impacted by my dread for the dreadmill. I just needed a change of pace (and scenery) to recharge my batteries.

The kicking, screaming, pouting, whining, bitching hubby later apologized for being a giant pain in the ass (love you!) and has since come over to the sweaty side …(he's rocking the walking through shin splints and all and I am so proud of him!). We hit the trails again Sunday and Monday nights. And now we have a NEW routine. Instead of Mommy hitting the gym solo, until the blazing summer heat melts the rubber on our shoes, we will, as the 3 BO-wreaking Musketeers, walk together (so, that should keep us walking through, what? Mid-May. Damn summer scorchers.)

Also, the walking challenge at work starts next week and boot camp the following week. I will walk with my team during lunch M/W/F and walk with the fam in the evenings. I will have boot camp T/Th nights, so the boys will have to tackle the trails alone.

I feel really, reeeally good about this. My hope is to be in the 190s by Coop’s first birthday, which is 6 weeks away.

No comments: