Friday, June 13, 2008

Days 162-163 (butt hiccups)

I don’t know if it was the previous night’s workout, the heat or just an over zealous “slug” gland acting up yesterday, but last night’s boot camp was brutal.

I wanted it over with before we were even 5 minutes in.

The words, “just shoot me” were playing over and over again in my head.

It sucked major monkeys!

To add to the overall misery of the evening, DS introduced a fun little exercise that, from an outsider’s viewpoint, would seem like nuthin’! NUTHIN’!! However, I wanted to cry. Hmm, maybe I did a little, there was definitely some sort of liquid rolling down my cheeks.

Anywhoo, the exercise is simply a pulsing squat done with your feet together for, um, an hour and then feet apart for another hour. Rinse and repeat.

“Pulse! Your butts should look like they have hiccups!” DS hollered.

Oh, they were all hiccupping all right.

My thighs are like cement this AM—thick blocks of cement that do not break, do not bend … not even when I need to pee. This would be a great day to be a guy.

No comments: