Sunday, January 13, 2008

Day 10/11/12 (Celebrating)


I did it. On Friday night I committed my cardinal diet sin! I turned away from the "food is fuel" chant and embraced "food is entertainment." But, in my defense (yes, here comes every dieter's justification), I had a major reason to indulge in all things italian (bread sticks, alfredo sauce, lasagna ...).

I. got. a. job!

Well, a job offer anyway. The HR chica still has to run a background check (sure hope that stint in the state pen doesn't pop up, lol) and call my references, but I feel pretty confident that everything will be a OK.

The clock has been ticking since my former employer (a large computer retailer) announced that as of February, we would all be out of a job. And, after several weeks of resume primping/applying/interviewing, I feel like I can finally breathe easy.

It was an incredible relief to get the call on Friday and Chris and I said to hell with the diet ... a new job warranted a feast.

As much as I enjoyed the glutony that was dinner, nothing tasted nearly as good as I had imagined. And I felt like total crap ... feeling full (excessively so) just isn't appealing anymore.

I was afraid that when I did fall off the proverbial food wagon that I would have difficulty getting back on. But, surprise, surprise it was almost effortless.

I wanted to get in the gym. To feel that surge of energy. To feel my tummy gurgle, rather than groan.

Saturday and today have been awesome. No cheating. No wanting to cheat. Just dedication. Can't wait until weigh-in Wednesday to see if my efforts (aside from the slip) will result in shrinking numbers.
p.s. The pic is me and my little man just before we head out to cheat fest 2008.

No comments: