Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day 22 (Weigh Day #3)

I stepped on the scales this morning with complete and utter trepidation. Would the past few days of indulgence catpult me back to where I was (or worse)? Would I some how have managed to magically, mystically shed a few?

Nope. And nope.

I stayed exactly the same (220), which, considering the slip slidding I've been doing, is a huge achievement. So, with what I consider a semi-state of excitement, I say, "who-hoo."

However, now at 6:30ish in the evening the excitement has diminished.

Since I woke this AM, my energy level has been completely MIA, and my hunger off the charts. I don't know what's going on, but I feel powerless to control it. I have been able to push through the lethargy with an infusion of power "nesting," which also helped to distract me from the raging growl in my stomach (and my head, grr).

But now I'm caving. And caving fast.

Do I give into temptation and silence the insatiable hunger? Or do I continue to push through, knowing that doing so will help to get me back in the zone? Back on track? Back where I need to be?

My motivation and willpower seem to have vanished overnight, along with my self-esteem.

Uggh. Fatness sucks monkeys.

No comments: