Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 23 (Pushing through the Panic)

Last night I had a major freak out ... full-on food addiction. I was jonesing. Big time. For a burger, or anything else within the immediate vicinity of my mouth.

But, like any good, supportive wife, I saccrificed my husband in exchange for renewed strength. (Yay me! Lol.)

The hubby had had a tough day at work and when I asked if he was kidding when he suggested a run to Jack in the Box for dinner, the "don't screw with me" stare I got back confirmed it.

The man was serious. Dead serious.

Instead of resisting and being strong for him ... reminding him that food was not the answer, I hightailed it to the drive-thru. I knew that if I could ride in a car with a bag full of fried yumminess and not touch it, then I would be back in the saddle so to speak.

So, that's what I did. I let my husband fall so that I could rise. I got home, handed him the goods, grabbed my ginormous diet coke and headed to the gym. It was 7:30 and my lazy ass was sweating it out.

I was/am ridiculously proud. And, just to boost my ego a bit, I stepped on the scales this AM.

Down 2 lbs. Now at 218. Who-hoo!

Water weight loss? YES! Still feels damn good? Hell yes!

Note to the hubby: I'm back on track and taking you with me. (well, until my birthday this weekend, lol! Now there's a whole new challenge.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I am SO, SO proud of you. Good job.

Sawatzky family said...

Hey I am back! Things way up north have been chaotic to say the least but I have read thru you posts to date and can I say I think we are the person just living two different lives! LOL
AMEN to everything you've said sista!
I just went out and bought a weighted ball 8lbs to hurl at husband ;) in my attempt to up my cardio and toning to get the heck off this plateau that I have hit!
MAJOR CONGRATS on the two pound lost!
Love the look of the blog too!
Shelly