Saturday, February 2, 2008

Day 29-32 (what diet?)


OK, I missed Weigh Day No. 4, but my niiiice case of bronchitis (with an upper respiratory infection to boot) hit a fever pitch that day and the LAST thing on my mind was stepping on the scales.

On Thursday I paid a visit to the doc-in-the-box and the man prescribed the most genius path to recovery ever:

“Calories don’t count when you’re sick,” he shared. “I don’t care what you eat, as long as you’re putting something in your mouth every hour. Go home, take your meds, get lots of rest and down M&Ms and Kool-Aid.”

Um, what? (No, I’m NOT making this up!!!) It’s like the man looked into my soul and knew it needed something sweet. =)

So, with the doc’s blessing, I hit the sweet section of the nearest grocer. I know, I know, the guy wasn’t being literal, but I could barely swallow and I thought I needed a little candy coating to soothe the pain.

I zeroed in on the Valentine’s Day section and when the kids saw me coming, they ran screaming to their mommies. I was like Godzilla coming to attack a sweet-tart infused Tokyo. I grabbed a couple of the 4-piece assorted chocolate heart boxes, a pint of chocolate chip ice cream, some M&M's (the doc said to!!) and some twizzlers.

Disgusting in diet world, yes. But, oh so yummy.

While I didn’t eat all of that confectionary crud in the same day, I must confess, not even a chocolate smudge on my fingertips remains. Sigh.

But, I am feeling better. So, maybe that doc knew what he was talking about after all.

Yeah, let’s go with that. (It couldn’t have been the steroids, antibiotics or Hydrocodone cough syrup.)

My plan is to regroup on Monday. Back to the diet. Back to the gym.

No comments: