Thursday, February 21, 2008

Day 51 (perspective)

As I was slugging away on the dreadmill this afternoon (40 minutes, 1.5 incline, 4.2 speed - whoo-hoo!) I started thinking about how looooong this defluffing was taking, but also, how far I've come since my highest weight two years ago (260!! ACK!!!)

My hubby is always "busting my balls" about the obsessive amount of pictures I take.

Well, he can now bite me. Looking back over the ups and downs of my "full!!!" figure, I have to say I've come a looooong way baby! I still have a long way to go, but these pics (especially the first ... grrrrrrross!) serve as a welcome reminder of where I've been and where I never want to go again!



New Year's 2005-2006: At the PEAK of my PUDGE!!!




September 2007: Down 45 lbs. and ready to make a baby!



May 2007: The night I was admitted to the hospital for induction ... only gained 15 lbs. during pregnancy (shocking, I know!)



June 2007: About two weeks post-partum, all baby weight plus an additional seven lbs. had disappeared.

Now, I just need to lose 7 to be back where I was just after Coop was born and after that, I'm headed into unchartered territory. Already told the hubby that when I hit 199 he better buy me something freakin' amazing to celebrate!

1 comment:

Sawatzky family said...

Way to rock the photo's chica!
I have to admit I have been struggling lately! I bake for a company here in town to bring in some extra cash...get to work at home no daycare...that kinda thing plus I LOVE TO COOK! But I have been sampling and sampling and not working out :( And weight is creeping back on. I find it so hard to stay motivated some days! I find I get really critical with myself and then eat to feel better which only makes it worse of course! But thanks for this post! I think I need to start taking more pics and getting more "real" with myself. Keep up the great work!
Shelly