Monday, February 11, 2008

Day 38-41 (Adjusting)


Well, crap. I never thought it could happen to me, but I've now become one of those crazy, whack-job types who say irritating things like, "I feel awful when I don't workout." "I crave the exercise."

WHAT??!!

This new revelation, of course, doesn't seem to be making much of an impact on the scale, however.

Now that my fluffy frame has adjusted to the daily sweat session, I've realized I've got to go back and adjust my eating habits.

Double crap.

I was eating the "good-for-you" junk like yogurt for breakfast (vanilla, 80 calories, yummy!), eating pretty much whatever I wanted (within reason) for lunch and a small, more "balanced" dinner.

Scratch that. Time for plan B.

I will keep up the same breakfast, revise lunch (umm, hello, just ordered friggin' apple slices at McDonald's!!!!!!) and tackle dinner, um, tonight. I have to go back to the original chant: "Food is fuel. Not entertainment."

Hope this new approach helps. It better. Or drastic measures will have to be taken (mouth stapling, anyone?).

p.s. I keep getting headaches at work, which makes it incredibly difficult to come up with creative, compelling marketing copy. I think it has something to do with needing to get away from the desk and fit in some form of heart-pumping action. I need quick exercises I can squeeze in on my frequent trips to the bathroom, etc. Anyone have any thoughts? I did calf raises on my last trip while washing my hands. Oh, Good Lord, what have I become????

2 comments:

Jane said...

You could bring a Thigh Master with you to work. ;)

Meg said...

Are there any stairs at your office? That's about the best cardio there is....