Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Day 34/35 (working in the workout)

Yesterday was D-day. Diet day. Again.

And, at 12:41 on Tuesday, I am happy to report that I am still alive. Who-hoo!Though, I must admit, it was touch and go for awhile. The raging headache brought on by lingering congestion, coupled with sugar withdrawals, was, in a word: crippling.

But I dragged my sorry butt to the gym ... throbbing pain be damned. Thirty-five sweaty minutes on the treadmill and 10 on the weights later I felt revived.

When I started back to work last week, I was totally stressing about how I would work in my workouts now that I couldn't hit the gym in the middle of the day. (For a total couch cruiser for the first 28 years of life, even writing that sentence is a major accomplishment, much less actually stressing!) But, thankfully, flex-time is now a phrase in my ever-expanding vocabulary. Yeah, baby!

I arranged my schedule so that I would get off work 30 minutes before Chris (who picks up Coop at daycare). By the time I get home, get changed, workout and get back home, I only miss about 15 minutes of treasured "Coop" time, which, since he goes to bed around 7, is precious.

I may just hit my next goal, after all. =)

No comments: