Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day 47 (done)

I'm done. Done being a Debbie Downer! I reread yesterday's post and ick, I was just in a bad place when I wrote that.

Today is a new day. A chance to start again. My mom sent me a "don't be stupid" e-mail (OK, it was more cut yourself some slack ...) and she's was right in what she said:

"You are going to have to learn to forgive yourself and not be so darn hard on
yourself ... life is tooo freakin short for you to take this so seriously! It is all a choice--learn to lose weight more slowly and practically or learn to be happy with
the person that you are. Either way, I just want you to be happy and enjoy your husband and baby and new job and be thankful every day that you have such an amazing life--you truly do."


Damn mothers. Always so freakin' on point. =)

I posted what I did yesterday so that I could go back and see it again, away from the moment. Sometimes you have to figure out a way to get outside your head, outside yourself. That's what I did. And I'm glad.

I feel good today, recharged. It may take me another two months to get below 216, but, I can hear my husband and son in the living room practing saying "Ma Ma" (Coop says Ba Ba!!!) and that's what I have to focus on. And what an awesome treat that is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO, good turn-around! I know you can do whatever you really dare to dream. Dream on sweetie
love melanoma mimi